MINI APPLE PIES | RECIPIE
Here's a simple recipe for Mini Apple Pies which are absolutely delicious and most likely you already have all of the ingredients in your kitchen. To get started all you need is:
1. 1/2 cup of butter (unsalted) diced and chilled
2. 1 1/4 cup of flour
3. A pinch of salt
4. 2-3 tbsp of cold water
1. 2-3 Apples peeled + sliced into small pieces
2. 1/3 cup of sugar (or less)
3. 2 tsp of cinnamon
4. 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
5. 1 tbsp of honey
6. 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1. Food processor
2. Rolling Pin
3. Mixing Bowl
4. Muffin Pan
5. Measuring cups + spoons
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Then combine your flour and salt in your food processor and slowly add in your butter and water until your dough forms a ball. If you find your dough to be a bit too dry just add another tablespoon of water.
2. Spinkle some flour onto your cutting board before rolling out your dough. Roll out your dough until it is around 1/4in thick - be sure to flip and rotate your dough as you go so it doesn't stick to your surface.
3. Using a standard 1 cup measuring cup as your guide, firmly press the cup into your dough to create the circles to place into your muffin pan. This recipe makes about 6 mini pies with left over dough to cover the top of your pies.
4. Once you have six circles of dough cut out, place them in your muffin pan - gently shape them in the pan until they form little bowls. With your excess dough cut 6 thin slices of dough per pie (they should be about 4-5 inches long and less than 1/2 inch wide).
5. In a large mixing bowl mix your apples, sugar, apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, honey and vanilla extract.
6. Add your filling to your dough, be sure to fill them to the very top of your muffin pan.
7. Carefully place your sliced strands of dough over the top of each mini apple pie - place three of the strands horizontally and three vertically to create the effect shown in the photo above. Cut any excess dough and use the tines of a fork to decorate the edges of each mini apple pie.
8. Bake at 425 degrees for 18-20 minutes or until the crust is a light brown and your apples are bubbling.
9. Once you remove your mini apple pies from the oven let them cool for about 10 minutes then gently remove them from your muffin pan with a spoon.
And that's it! It's a pretty simple and straight forward recipe and you can pair them with a warm cup of coffee or serve them by themselves for dessert. If you give this recipe a try be sure to let me know what you thought by leaving a comment below. Hope everyone is having a lovely day!